Presentation software is used to display information one slide at a time. The term “slide” can be thought of as a single poster used to display a small number of points or a single idea.
Presentation software was made to mimic the behaviour of a traditional slide projector.
Many slides are displayed one at a time by the presenter. The presenter can include the following items on slides:
Text – including short points on the topic being presented. Text is usually held within a Textbox.
- Shapes – including pre defined shapes e.g circle, square etc.
- Images: users can insert downloaded images, or provided clip art.
- Charts: the presentation software provides facilities for creating and inserting various chart types including bar, line, pie charts etc.
- Animations – Objects can be set in motion on any slide. Objects include images, shapes, text boxes etc.
- Transitions – Slides transform from one to the next in one smooth animation.
Example of presentation software are Microsoft Powerpoint and Prezi.
Required reading :
Students to study Presentations in a full context: http://www.teach-ict.com/gcse_new/software/presentation/miniweb/index.htm
Updates to this post
Feb 2nd , 2022 – Improved readability of post, removed broken links.
© 2020 Vedesh Kungebeharry. All rights reserved