Copyright is a legal right created by the law of a country that grants the creator of an original work exclusive rights for its use and distribution. This is usually only for a limited time.
Plagiarism the practice of taking someone else’s work or ideas and passing them off as one’s own.
What are some of the consequences of
- Copyright infringement.
- The infringer pays a dollar amount in damages and profits
- A court can impound the illegal works
- The infringer can go to jail
- If copyright infringement occurs, dollar amounts in damages may be charged and possible jail time.
- The plagiarized work can be destroyed.
- If you are in school you may get expelled or barred from writing exams.
- Awards and grades due to plagiarized work may be revoked.
- Can result in being fired from your job.
- You may gain a reputation of being untrustworthy.
Homework and Portfolio Work:
Create a list of legal and ethical consequences for
- Copyright infringement
Complete the homework in your ICT Notebook.
Create a hand written copy of your homework for insertion into your IT portfolio.
This assignment will be marked.
© 2020 Vedesh Kungebeharry. All rights reserved.