Definition: A file contains data of a specific type, which is denoted by a file extension.
E.g a picture file “image.jpg”
Definition: A folder can store many files and even other folders.
Definition: Sub-folders are folders within another folder.
Class demo: Use Mycomputer /windows explore/File Explorer to gain access to files and folders during this demo
- Create a folder named School on the desktop
- Rename the folder Naparima College
- Create a new text document within Naparima college.
- Open the document and save .LOG on the first line.
- Save, close, then reopen the file and observe what happens.
(explain the how students can use the readme or log files)
- Create 3 subfolders for 3 subjects.
- Demonstrate deletion of a folder using the recycle bin.
- Restore file from recycle bin.
- Demonstrate permanent file/folder deletion using:
- The recycle bin.
- The shift key.
Note that on windows computers, if you hold the shift key when deleting a file, it is permanently deleted, it is not sent to the recycle bin.
© 2018 Vedesh Kungebeharry. All rights reserved